Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm Getting Kind of Good At This School Thing

Due in about 6 hours is a monster assignment that I just got done. We had to read a 300 page detailed commentary on John and write a 3 page summary/critique of it. Going into today I had only read the first few chapters, so I knew I had to kick it into gear. But, I couldn't sleep last night, so I had to take a nap this afternoon. Then I had to watch the Red Sox complete their sweep of the Angels. Then I had to get some dinner. Then I had to watch the beginning of the Packers/Bears game before I went to Downtown's night service. After that I knew I had to start on this beast when Coleman texted me telling me to come over to Jimmy's. I figured I'd stop by, and we ended up talking about communal living, biblical theology, and movies till midnight. I got back and read what I could until about 1:00.

So there I sat, 1:00 in the morning with nothing written. But I was like Vince Young on this one and didn't flinch. I ate some Ramen noodles, had a Dr. Enuff, made a quick outline of what I was going to write (which actually helps out a whole lot) and went to work. An hour and a half later, not only did I have the 3 minimum pages......I had 5! And you know what? It's pretty darn good. I rocked out that paper! Of course, maybe I just think it's good because it's 3:00 in the morning. But, I really think I'm getting the hang of college. At least for now. We'll see when I start my seminar classes next year!

Anyways, I'm gonna take a 5 and half hour nap and then go print this thing off in the library at 8:30 before my 9:00 class. Hmmm......sounds like another nap is coming up tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: