Sunday, October 21, 2007

Best Weekend Ever???

So, this was a FANTASTIC weekend. The best way to describe it is probably a quick play-by-play.

Friday

2:50-Class is over!!
4:59-Send in an assignment for Christian Education just before the 5:00 deadline. Phew!
5:30-Really fun dinner including a game of hot potato with a pepper shaker in which Coleman slapped the shaker across our table, nailing someone's Dr. Pepper at the table beside us.




9:00-Corn Maze!!!! Is there anything more fun than being a laboratory rat surrounded by corn. Classic moments included the moment when everyone finally had the courage to say what was on their mind: that this reminded us of Harry Potter 4 (there's a dementor around the corner!) and our pun off about the corn maze including:

"This corn maze is a-MAZE-ing"
"You guys are so CORN-y"
"You're not the captain of this corn maze, but you sure are the KERNAL"
"We need to HUSK-LE"
"We're being STALK-ed"
"Aww....SHUCKS"


10:30-Trip to the bluff! Woo hoo! We had lots of good bluff questions and lots of laughs including Sam saying,
"Your music is lame. I like Ludacris and Sean Paul"







Saturday

1:30 a.m.-Halo 3. Highlight included betraying everyone over and over again in Zombies
12:00 p.m.-1st half of UT-Alabama game. Not the best moment of the weekend. Let's just move on.
1:00-Went over to Jimmy's house and had a real good talk.


3:00-Went to Latona with Coleman and Tiffany to see the cliffs and a sweet cave! It's always great to get out and see nature. Lots of fun!










6:45-Depart for Gurden with 12 people to see the haunted railroad tracks. The 2 hour car ride over there is a lot of fun with all the singing games we played. Good times!
9:00-Railroad tracks end up being pretty lame. Too many are people in our group. People are in front of us so that we can't see the headless ghost's lantern. Not the best visit ever, but the car trips are fun.
10:00-Without me getting to see it, the Red Sox cruise to a big win to tie the ALCS 3-3. That was a good thing to find out when I got back into the dorm.

Sunday

11:00 a.m.-Good times at West Pleasure COC. Great people, great singing, entertaining preaching. It's always fun to go to a church that is different from what you've always grown up with.
1:00-Fun times at Jimmy's house
2:00-Good conversation with Laura. That's all I can say right now.
3:00-Played football with Jimmy and Coleman on Woodruff Street hoping some kids would come. None came, but we had fun anyways. We know if we keep coming out regularly then we'll start to get a good turn out. If you play, they will come.
3:15-Without me knowing it at the time, the Titans hang on for a miracle win behind Rob Bironas' (Ma-Ma-Ma-My Bironas) 8 field goals to go to 4-2 for the season.
4:00-6:30-Fun Cowboys game as da Boys win a sloppy game 24-14. Not our best game, but we move to 6-1 for the season.
6:45-Quick phone call to Mom before the Red Sox game starts.


7:00-Here we go! Game 7 of the ALCS! Can Dice-K get it done? Can we keep our bats rolling? Can we complete a comeback from a 3-1 deficit? Will this game give me an a heart attack? Playoff baseball.......there's nothing better!
7:25-former Red Sox and 2004 "keep the dugout loose MVP" Kevin Millar announces our lineup. I'm feeling much better now.
8:30-After 3 innings the Red Sox lead 3-0, but we've left a lot of guys on base. I'm hoping this won't come back to haunt us. Dice-K is looking solid. Can he keep it up?
9:15-5th inning, score is 3-2. Dice-K is struggling. Men on first and third. Jacob comes in and tries to talk to me, but I am deathly silent. Dice-K strikes out Asdrubal Cabrera for the third out. Celebration! Exhale. Exhale again.
10:05-After Lugo makes an error on a fly ball he should have gotten, Guitierrez singles to put men on first and third with one out. Luckily, Kenny Lofton gets held up at third. Still, fears of 2003 ALCS game 7 come back. I can't breathe. You couldn't cut the tension in the room with a chain-saw. I might not survive this game.
10:06-Okie gets Casey Blake to ground out for a 5-4-3 double play. I'm jumping around and screaming at the top of my lungs. We might just pull this out. Then I walk around just giggling like someone in an insane asylum. The up and down emotions have officially driven me crazy. Good thing I'm alone in my room or someone would be calling the counseling center. You gotta love October!
10:25-Dustin Pedroia hits a 2-run home run! Red Sox leads 5-2!!!! Pandemonium breaks out in Keller 300!! I'm shouting, yelling, screaming oddly high-pitched noises. Dustin Pedroia was already one of my favorite players (short, skinny, quick, fun guy, initials of D.P........remind you of anyone?) and now I love him even more!
10:45-Papelbon comes into the 8th with two men on and pitches brilliantly. Jacoby Ellsbury makes a great play in center to get the third out! 3 outs away baby!!
11:07-The Red Sox have just blown the doors wide open!! D.P. hits a bases loaded double, Youk bangs a 2 run- homer, and suddenly the Red Sox are up 11-2. I've lost my voice at this point. I'm starting to wonder if it will still be snowing in Colorado next week.
11:22-Every out that Paps gets I jump out of my seat and start jumping up and down like a 6-year-old. You have to love sports just because they give you an excuse to act like a complete idiot.
11:23-Fly ball to deep center field, Coco Crisp running it down, and makes an amazing catch....and THE RED SOX ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!! I jump up and down some more as I watch the Sox celebrate around the pitching mound! Rene watches me like I'm going to a mental institution.
11:37-After watching the trophy presentation and champagne celebration, I run through all 3 floors and the lobby of Keller holding up my Red Sox hat and shouting WE'RE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!! Did I mention how sports gives you an excuse to act like an idiot?
11:44-I walk around the front lawn just looking for someone to celebrate with. Nobody is out tonight, so I just walk around with a stupid grin on my face and skip a little bit. I think a couple that was making out on a swing snickers at me, but what do I care? Did I mention that we're going to the World Series?
11:59-While walking around I thank God for blessing me with such an amazing weekend. What an incredible 3-day span! It's been tough to be able to keep from smiling all weekend. Wow!
12:00-Finish my lap around campus and remember to move my car so that I don't get a parking ticket. Woo ho! No parking ticket!
12:02-Text Mom: "We're going to the World Series!"

4 comments:

Jason said...

Congrats, I guess.

Just kidding. Glad you had an awesome weekend!

Jason said...

I hate Alabama, by the way.

Dylan said...

I hate them too. I'm just glad I don't have to live there right now.

Jason said...

It ain't pretty, man...