Thursday, October 18, 2007

Back To Boston!

After a fantastic pitching performance from Josh Beckett (8 IP, 1 ER, 11K) and some solid hitting, the Red Sox staved off elimination with a 7-1 vicotry to get the series to 3-2 and take it back to Boston. If the Sox can keep the momentum from this win going into Boston they will be tough to beat. On the mound for the Red Sox on Saturday is Curt Schilling, one of the best big game pitchers ever. The Indians will pitch Carmona, one of the best young pitchers in baseball. Both pitchers were beat up in game two, and it will be interested to see if they can bounce back for this pivotal match-up. I feel confident in Schilling for game 6, but I gotta say that I'm worried about Dice-K pitching in a potential game 7, if we make it. But for now, none of that matters. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy this win.

2 comments:

FranP said...

Me, too! This was one I was afraid to watch - afraid I would jinx Boston! I didn't watch until the bottom of the 9th, thank goodness! So, hallaluah, back to Fenway Park! Call me when it's safe for me to watch! Go Red Sox!

Lucy P said...

Wow--for some reason the Great Wall is letting me view blogspots right now without having to use my "burrowing-tool" (it digs underneath the Wall)! SOOO--while I can comment let me just say that I LOVE reading your blog--it's wonderful and so much fun to catch up on your life! Have a great week!