Monday, January 28, 2008

21

Sorry for the lack of posting. I've been getting used to my crazy schedule here at Harding, and really just haven't had a whole lot of free time.

Well, today (actually yesterday as of 20 minutes ago) I turned 21. It was a great little birthday. We've really got a great group here now, (which we affectionately call "The Family") and we've been having lots of fun. Laura got me tickets to the Foo Fighters concert last Friday and it was incredibly rockin and lots of fun. Today we went out for Chinese food, played some Balderdash, snuck around the new Pharmacy building that's under construction, played with the Microfilm in the library and looked at the New York Times on the day I was born (big day.....Gorbachaev was reforming his country, Regan just had the State of the Union, Challenger explosion anniversary, and Phil Simms and the Giants had just won the Super Bowl......hmmm......), and then we all sat in a hippy circle in Harding park and laughed a lot. It was just a great day and I am so blessed to have such great people around to celebrate with. And don't worry......there was no drinking involved on my 21st. I had a sinus cold, but that was the closest I came from not being fully myself.

God blessed me so much during my twentieth year. I feel like I've grown a lot, done some good work, had a lot of fun and laughter, grown in my friendships, made many many new friends, and am on my way to becoming the man God wants me to be. I only hope and pray that my twenty-first year could be just as good, and that I can continue to grow in ways that I couldn't even possibly imagine.

Thank you to everyone who sent me facebook messages, text messages, and even old fashioned face to face birthday wishes. You all mean so much to me and I love you all a lot. God bless!

No comments: