Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Congrats Philadelphia


I want congratulate the Phillies for winning their first world series title in 28 years. I also want to congratulate Brad Lidge, who was formerly my boy with the Astros until Albert Pujols destroyed his soul in game 5 of the 05' NLCS (I think that home run ball is still traveling in outer space somewhere). But Lidge found his slider again this year and was perfect for saves as a closer. Plus he's a genuinely great guy and I'm very happy to see him win a title. The fans of Philadelphia definitely needed a championship. They haven't won one since Dr. J's 76's won in 1983. I've never been thrilled with Philadelphia fans (they booed Michael Irvin when he was unconscious with the spine injury that ended his career), but they definitely stick with their teams. Enjoy this Philly, and use some of those good feelings to help me out and make sure Obama wins Pennsylvania next week.

Meanwhile, just 156 days until opening day for my teams. Enjoy the off-season and let's get ready for '09!

No comments: