Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Quick Post from Homework Alley

The past 3 weeks have been so hectic that I haven't really had the time to pop out some good posts. I was working on a bunch of projects before Thanksgiving break, then I was having way too much fun over Thanksgiving to be on the computer long, and this week I've finished one giant paper and have two to go. Plus, I'm getting sick, so that's lame. Anyways, I thought I would have some quick comments.

  • Shaine Claiborne, the author of the Irresistible Revolution is coming to Searcy! For those of you who don't know, Shaine is a man who pretty much sold all he has and lives very simply in inner-city Philadelphia, ministering and being like Jesus to the impoverished in that city. He'll be speaking at Riverview High School at 7 p.m. on Saturday, December 8. Shaine's book has really affected a lot of my friends and our whole Wednesday night group is basically living off his philosophy. So, this is the equivalent of the Beatles coming to Searcy for our group.
  • I'm adding two great new blogs to my "Blogs I Read" section. They are from my youth minister Kyle and my minister Craig back home. They both have a lot of cool stuff to say, so go check them out.
  • I can't wait for the SEC Championship with by UT Vols taking on the LSU Tigers! I watched the Kentucky game with Wes and Matt on Saturday and it was one of the most stressful, emotional-draining games I've ever watched. But it was a sweet victory, and I'm proud of this team that has been able to do a whole lot when it looked like they weren't going to be able to do anything.
  • What's wrong with my Titans? Our once rock solid defense has been struggling mightily lately, our running game has done nothing, and our red zone offense is horrendous. I figure every team has to face adversity at some point in the season, and how you respond to that decides what team you're going to be. So, we'll see in the next few weeks whether or not the Titans are contenders or pretenders.
  • While we're talking about football, does anyone have the NFL Network? This is the biggest game of the year between the Packers and Cowboys and no one is going to get to watch it. It has everything you could want. Romo vs. Favre, the classic Green Bay and Dallas rivalry going back to the Ice Bowl in '67, and two 10-1 teams vying for home field advantage in the playoffs. But, it looks like I'll just have to catch highlights on Sportscenter.
  • I just finished a 10 page paper on How We Come to Know, I have a big paper on Postmodernism due on Thursday, and I have a 10 page project on Christian Education due on Monday. When it rains it pours.
  • We got our now annual Christmas lights at Harding turned on, and it is now so bright you can throw football or do your homework on the front lawn. Fun times!
Well, that's all for now. I'm going to take some medicine and go to bed. God bless!

No comments: