Friday, November 30, 2007

The End of the Race

I ran track in middle school and cross country in high school (as well as some Crazy 8 runs at Fun Fest), and one of the toughest parts was when I had to start kicking it into fifth gear for the last 400 meters of the race. I've learned that semesters in college can be very similar to cross country races. You start out strong with lots of energy, have to persevere in the middle, want to quit about 2/3 of the way through, get your second wind, get your third wind, and then you have to kick it in at the end.

So, here I am, with one week left of classes, followed by finals. I'm dead tired. I'm sick (I had to get excused from classes yesterday). I'm tired of doing these giant papers that all my teachers decided to have due this week (2 down, 1 to go). I'm tired of being up till 3:30 in the morning doing homework. I'm about 110% ready to go home. It's my most exhausted time, and it's the time that I have to work the hardest.

**Okay. End of my pity party.**

Actually, this has been an amazing, wonderful, fantastically incredible semester. And even this week has had some fun moments. I just have to push past this last part, and enjoy what I can for this last part of the semester.

I think there's always times we face in our lives when we're just trying to get by and get it over with. But it's important to still seek God out during those times, enjoy the little things, laugh, love, and live life to the fullest instead of just trying to get by. I'll try my best to do that over these last few weeks. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

i know the feeling bro. Keep it up. you can do it.