Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What's Next?



The guiding phrase for the show the West Wing was, "What's Next?" Today after the longest and most arduous election comes to an end, we all must come together and say, "What's next?"

Tonight was a fun night for me and many of my friends. We had Obama cookies, cheered, hugged, and had some sparkling grape juice (non-alcoholic of course) when the election was called. But I know that most of my friends are Republicans, and tonight was not as exciting for them. And they are good, amazing Christians who honestly want what's best for the country and the kingdom of God. I want to say that John McCain is a good man, and he likely would have been a good President. He didn't run a perfect campaign, but for the most part, he kept a respectful dialog. He gave a very gracious concession speech tonight and I think helped to start move the country back together again. And let me point out that while all his aids were telling him to bring up Jeremy Wright, McCain was too honorable to go that deep in the dirt (even Hillary Clinton attacked on that......and she's in the same party!) To all my Republican friends, I hope that we can all come together and work to let's God's light shine out in this country and the whole world. Cause in the end, it matters little who is in charge at the top of government. What matters is what is going on down here as we work to spread the kingdom of God among the poor, broken, and hopeless.

So, thank God, this election is over. We must now ask "What's next?" What's next for President-Elect Obama? ( wow, that's fun to say) What's next for this country? What's next for the world? What's next for the people of God? What's next as we all reach out and try to achieve our highest hopes and strongest ideals? Tomorrow is a new day. What's next?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous.

Coleman Yoakum said...

Okay, been meaning to say a couple things here for a while, but every time I stop by there is another post. You are on blogging fire. Doing much better than I am these days.

Point is, go O.

Yes, the Titans are undefeated, weird ey? Sorry you lost your coach. He was a good one, and I am excited about getting home and hanging out with everyone again.

Miss you, see you soon.